by Ronald Larsen
To the Editor: Letters
A Content Standard for Computational Models
Linda L. Hill, Scott J. Crosier, Terence R. Smith, and Michael Goodchild, University of California, Santa Barbara
Digital Rights Management (DRM) Architectures
Renato Iannella, IPR Systems
A Digital Object Approach to Interoperable Rights Management: Finely-grained Policy Enforcement Enabled by a Digital Object Infrastructure
John S. Erickson, Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
LOCKSS: A Permanent Web Publishing and Access System
Vicky Reich, Stanford University and David S.H. Rosenthal, Sun Microsystems Laboratories
Index map of the Appalachian Valley and Ridge.
Courtesy of the Tapestry of Time and Terrain website. Used with permission. Tapestry of Time and Terrain is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Tapestry of Time and Terrain
Courtesy of the US Geological Survey and the National Atlas of the United States
The OPAL Project: Developing An Automated Online Reference System For Distance Learners
Georgina Payne and Dr. David Bradbury, Open University
The Moving Image Gateway
Luke McKernan, British Universities Film & Video Council
Resource Announces Expert Forum Series
Helen Baigent, Resource: The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries
Exploring Charging Models for Digital Cultural Heritage
Simon Tanner, University of Hertfordshire
The British Library Co-operation and Partnership Programme and the Full Disclosure Prioritisation Study
Anna Grundy, The British Library, Co-operation and Partnership Programme
2001 International Paper Contest on Digital Library or Information Science & Technology in Developing Countries
Sue O'Neill Johnson, The World Bank, and Nathalie Leroy, Dag Hammarskjold Library, The United Nations
The Virginia Historical Inventory
Sam Byrd, The Library of Virginia
New Listserv for the People�s Network Project
Helen Baigent, Resource: The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries
Request for Comments - The UK Government Data Standards Catalogue
Paul Miller, U.K. Office for Library and Information Networking (UKOLN)
Scientific American Archive Online
Rob Nissen, Nissen Public Relations
In the News: Excerpts from Recent Press Releases
| || |
Point to Point
Calls for Participation
- Research E-ditions, Center for Digital Discourse and Culture (CDDC), College of Arts and Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is open.
- International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications 2001, 22 - 26 October 2001, Tokyo, Japan. Call for Papers and Participation. The submission deadline is 20 June 2001.
- 12th ASIS&T SIG/CR - Classification Research Workshop: an Interdisciplinary Meeting, 4 November 2001, Washington D.C., USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 1 July 2001.
- LIVE!@yourlibrary: Building Cultural Communities, American Library Association, ALA Public Programs Office, USA. Request for Proposals. The first submission deadline is 15 July 2001.
- Digital Futures 2001 Annual Conference, The Royal Photographic Society Imaging Science Group, 10 - 12 September 2001, Harrow, United Kingdom. Call for papers. The abstract submission deadline is 31 July 2001.
- The New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia 2001, on the Theme of Digital Libraries. Call for articles. The submission deadline is 1 August 2001.
- ACM SAC 2002: Special Track on Database and Digital Library Technologies, 10 - 14 March 2002, Madrid, Spain. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 1 September 2001.
- 2002 International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS'02): Social Implications of Information and Communication Technology, 6 - 8 June 2002, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 13 Dec 2001.
- Seminars on Academic Computing (SAC), 3 - 8 August 2001, Snowmass Village, Colorado, USA. The registration deadline is 4 July 2001.
- HCI International 2001: 9th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, 5 - 10 August 2001, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. The registration deadline is 20 June 2001.
- Museums, Libraries, and Archives: Summer Institute for Knowledge Sharing, 6 - 10 August 2001, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- SIGGRAPH 2001: Explore Interaction and Digital Images, 12 - 17 August 2001, Los Angeles, California, USA. The registration deadline is 6 July 2001.
- IMSA 2001: Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, 13 - 16 August 2001, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Zigzag: Introduction and State of the Art, 14 August 2001, �rhus, Denmark. The registration deadline is 1 July 2001.
- HYPERTEXT 2001: The 12th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia, 14 - 18 August, 2001, Århus, Denmark. The registration deadline is 1 July 2001.
- Managing Digital Video Content Workshop, 15 - 16 August 2001, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The registration deadline is 29 June 2001.
- Subject Retrieval in a Networked Environment, 14 - 16 August 2001, Dublin, Ohio, USA.
- IFLA Satellite Meetings, 14 - 17 August 2001, Canada and the USA.
- 67th IFLA Council and General Conference - Libraries and Librarians: Making a Difference in the Knowledge Age, 16 - 25 August 2001, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- 11th ALIA National Library Technicians Conference: An Information Odyssey ... a Long and Eventful Journey, 21 - 24 August 2001, Hobart, Tasmania.
- Rivers of Knowledge: 9th Special, Health and Law Libraries Conference, 26 - 29 August 2001, Melbourne, Australia.
- KDD-2001: The Seventh ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 26 - 29 August 2001, San Francisco, California, USA. The registration deadline is 27 July 2001.
- ECDL 2001 Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, Workshops and Tutorials, 4 - 9 September 2001, Darmstadt, Germany.
- International Cultural Heritage Informatics Meeting - ICHIM 2001: Cultural Heritage and Technologies in the Third Millennium, 3 - 7 September 2001, Milan, Italy. The registration deadline is 15 July 2001.
- Creating Access to Information: EBLIDA Workshop on the Acquisition and Usage of Electronic Resources, 28 September 2001, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Virtual SLA: Technology Forum 2001, 24 - 28 October 2001, Monterey, California, USA. This event is limited to 250 participants.
- The Electronic Library: Strategic, Policy and Management Issues, 9 - 14 December 2001, Loughborough, United Kingdom.
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
The Corporation for National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A. (originating site)
UKOLN: The UK Office for Library and Information Networking, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University Sunsite, Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
Masthead | Guidelines for Authors | Access Terms
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI) and is sponsored by DARPA on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant No. N66001-98-8908.
Please send questions or comments to: [email protected]
Copyright© 2001 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib has been registered to CNRI in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial