Current and Future Status of D-Lib Magazine
Copyright, Publishing, and Scholarship: The "Zwolle Group" Initiative for the Advancement of Higher Education
Kenneth D. Crews, Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis, and Gerard van Westrienen, SURF Foundation
Distinguishing Content from Carrier: The RDA/ONIX Framework for Resource Categorization
Gorden Dunsire, University of Strathclyde
Resource Description and Access (RDA): Cataloging Rules for the 20th Century
Karen Coyle, kcoyle.net, and Diane Hillmann, Cornell University
The Online Library Catalog: Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained?
Karen Markey, University of Michigan
Image of Abraham Lincoln splitting rails. Courtesy of the Chicago History Museum. Used with permission.
This month, D-Lib features the Lincoln/Net.
The Patchwork Mandate
Arthur Sale, University of Tasmania
Digital Preservation in a National Context: Questions and Views of an Outsider
H.M. Gladney, HMG Consulting
Report on CORDRA @ Work: Held November 13-14, 2006, in Memphis, Tennessee
Nigel Ward, Australian ADL Partnership Laboratory and Heather E. Walls, Workforce Advanced Distributed Learning Co-Laboratory
Lincoln/Net: Abraham Lincoln Historical Digitization Project
Drew E. VandeCreek, Northern Illinois University Libraries
WebPA: Online Peer Moderated Marking System for UK Higher Education
Melanie Bates, Loughborough University
Web-based Construction and Sharing of Computer Models and Model Components
Kenneth Kahn, Oxford University Computing Services
JOSEPH: Joining up Organisations to Support new Engineering Pathways into Higher Education
Sandra Kingston, University of Nottingham
SIMPLE - Simulations for Professional Learning
Paul Maharg, University of Strathclyde
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- IMLS National Leadership Grants, Call for grant proposals. The submission deadline is 1 March 2007.
- CoLIS 6 - Sixth International Conference on Conceptions of Library and Information Science, 13 - 16 August 2007, Borås, Sweden. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 1 March 2007.
- Libraries Without Walls 7: Exploring 'anytime, anywhere' delivery of library services, 14 - 18 September 2007, Lesvos, Greece. Call for papers. The submission date is 2 March 2007.
- 12th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, 22- 27 July 2007, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China. Call for posters. The submission deadline for abstracts for poster proposals is 12 March 2007.
- IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), 25 - 28 September 2007, Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 March 2007.
- IMLS 21st Century Museum Professionals, Call for grant proposals. The submission deadline is 15 March 2007.
- The Sixth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modeling and Using Context, 20 - 24 August 2007, Roskilde University, Denmark. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 March 2007.
- ACM Symposium on Document Engineering 2007, 28 - 31 August 2007. Call for papers. The registration deadline is 16 March 2007. The submission deadline is 23 March 2007.
- Advancing Knowledge: The IMLS/NEH Digital Partnership . Call for proposals. The submission deadline is 27 March 2007.
- ACM Transactions on the Web, Special issue on Adversarial Issues in Web Search. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 30 March 2007.
- Eleventh International IEEE EDOC Conference
(EDOC 2007) 'The Enterprise Computing Conference', 15 - 19 October 2007, Annapolis, Maryland, USA. Call for papers. Abstracts are due 30 March 2007.
- Digital Preservation Award. Call for applications. The submission date is 31 March 2007.
- Ingenta Research Award. Call for applications. The submission deadline is 31 March 2007.
- 9th International Conference on Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery (DaWaK 2007), 3 - 7 September 2007, Regensburg, Germany. Call for papers. The abstract submission deadline is 2 April 2007, full papers are due 13 April 2007.
- National Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education Digital Library (NSDL) Program Solicitation, NSF 07-538. Call for proposals. The full proposal submission deadline is 11 April 2007. (Optional Letters of Intent are due 14 March 2007).
- 10th IASTED International Conference on Computers and Advanced Technology in Education - CATE 2007, 8 - 10 October 2007, Beijing, China. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 April 2007.
- RCDL'2007 Digital Libraries: Advanced Methods and Technologies Digital Collections, 15 - 18 October 2007, Pereslavl, Russia. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 18 April 2007.
- ICMC 2007 - Immersed Music - International Computer Music Conference, 27 - 31 August 2007, Copenhagen, Denmark. Call for papers, music, video, posters, demonstrations and other formats. The deadline for all submissions is 30 April 2007.
- WebWise 2007, 28 February - 2 March 2007, Washington, DC, USA
- Web Archiving Training Session, 1 - 2 March, 2007, Paris, France
- WEBIST 2007 - 3rd International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies, 3 - 6 March 2007, Barcelona, Spain
- Ohio Digital Commons for Education (ODCE) 2007 Conference: The Convergence of Learning, Libraries and Technology , 4 - 6 March 2007, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- De Lange Conference: Emerging Libraries, 5 - 7 March 2007, Houston, Texas, USA
- International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED 2007), 7 - 9 March 2007, Valencia, Spain
- SIGCSE 2007 - 38th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, 7 - 10 March 2007, Covington, Kentucky, USA
- 2nd International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications, 8 - 11 March 2007, Barcelona, Spain
- ASIDIC Spring 2006 Meeting: Getting it Right: Building Content Services that Succeed in Transforming Markets, 11 - 13 March 2007, Orlando, Florida, USA
- The IASTED International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications
- EuroIMSA 2007, 14 - 16 March 2007, Chamonix, France
- The Sixth IASTED International Conference on Web-based Education: WBE 2007, 14 - 16 March 2007, Chamonix, France
- Buying & Selling eContent, 18 - 20 March 2007, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
- IA (Information Architecture) Summit, 22 - 26 March 2007, Los Vegas, Nevada, USA
- SITE--Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference, 26 - 30 March 2007, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- ACRL (Association of College & Research Libraries) 13th National Conference, 29 March - 1 April 2007, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- International Conference on Information Technology- New Generations (ITNG), 2 - 4 April 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- The Third IASTED International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Technology - ACST 2007, 2 - 4 April 2007, Phuket, Thailand
- 12th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, 9 - 12 April 2007, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2007 EDUCAUSE & Internet2 Security Professionals Conference, 10 - 12 April 2007, Denver, Colorado, USA
- Museums and the Web 2007, 11 - 14 April 2007, San Francisco, California, USA
- Coalition for Networked Information Spring Meeting, 16 - 17 April 2007, Phoenix, Arizona USA
- Computers in Libraries, 16 - 18 April 2007, Arlington, Virginia, USA
- 3rd International Conference on Global E-Security, 18 - 20 April 2007, London, United Kingdom
- CERN 5th Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication, 18 - 20 April 2007, Geneva, Switzerland
- DigCCurr2007: An International Symposium on Digital Curation, 18 - 20 April 2007, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Laval Virtual 2007: 9th International Conference on Virtual Reality, 18 - 22 April 2007, Laval France
- International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS), 23 - 26 April 2007, Quarzazate, Morocco
- EDUCAUSE Australasia 2007, 29 April - 2 May 2007, Melbourne, Australia
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI). The magazine has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: [email protected]
2007 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial
Opinion | First Article