Facilitating Scholarly Communication in African Studies
Titia van der Werf-Davelaar, African Studies Centre, Leiden
ADL-R: The First Instance of a CORDRA Registry
Henry Jerez, Giridhar Manepalli, Christophe Blanchi, and Laurence W. Lannom, Corporation for National Research Intiatives
1880's. Raphael Tuck & Sons, Ltd. From the Elizabeth Ball Collection.
Courtesy of Lilly Library, Indiana University. Used with permission.
This month, D-Lib features
the The Lilly Library at Indiana University.
FeDCOR: An Institutional CORDRA Registry
Giridhar Manepalli and Henry Jerez, Corporation for National Research Initiatives; and Michael L. Nelson, Old Dominion University
A Research Library Based on the Historical Collections of the Internet Archive
William Y. Arms, Selcuk Aya, Pavel Dmitriev, Blazej Kot, Ruth Mitchell, and Lucia Walle, Cornell University
Observed Web Robot Behavior on Decaying Web Subsites
Joan A. Smith, Frank McCown, and Michael L. Nelson, Old Dominion University
Copyright Issues in Open Access Research Journals: The Authors Perspective
Esther Hoorn, University of Groningen, Faculty of Law and
Maurits van der Graaf, Pleiade Management & Consultancy
The Lilly Library at Indiana University
Erika Dowell, Lilly Library, Indiana University
CLADDIER: Citation, Location And Deposition in Discipline and Institutional Repositories
Catherine Jones and Bryan Lawrence, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
The Management of Images in a Distributed Environment with Shared Services Project (MIDESS)
Stephen Charles, Leeds University
JISC Digital Repositories Programme team launch wiki and mailing list
Julie Allinson, UKOLN
The SPIRE Project
David White, University of Oxford
OSTI's E-print Network experiences rapid growth
Karen Spence, U.S. Department of Energy Office of Scientific and Technical Information
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
- Geoinformatics 2006, 10 - 12 May 2006, Reston, Virginia, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 24 March 2006, and attendence is limited to 250 participants.
- International Summer School in Systematic Musicology (ISSSM 2006), 1 - 10 September 2006, Ghent, Belgium. The application deadline is 1 April 2006.
- ACRL announces Call for Proposals for 2007 Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference, The submission deadline for workshop proposals is 3 April 2006.
- I-KNOW '06 - 6th International Conference on Knowledge Management, 6 - 8 September 2006, Graz, Austria. Call for papers. The submission date is 3 April 2006.
- The Second International Workshop on
Contexts and Ontologies: Theory, Practice and Applications (C&O-2006), 28 August 2006, Riva del Grada, Italy. Call for papers. The submission date is 15 April 2006.
- Wikimania 2006, 4 - 6 August 2006, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Call for papers. The submission 15 April 2006.
- International Conference on Music Information Retreival (ISMIR 2006), 8 - 12 October 2006, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Call for papers, posters/demos, tutorials, and panels. The submission date is 17 April 2006.
- Buying & Selling eContent, 9 - 11 April 2006, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA (Program Information is expected to be available on the web site in December 2005.)
- 10th Pacific-Asia Confrence on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 9 - 12 April 2006, Singapore
- 28th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2006), 10 - 12 April 2006, London, United Kingdom
- EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference 2006, 10 - 12 April 2006, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2nd International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST-2006), 11 - 13 April, 2005, Setúbal, Portugal
- The 11th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2006), 12 - 15 April 2006, Singapore
- Web3D 2006 Symposium
18 - 21 April 2006, Columbia, Maryland, USA
- DSpace User Group Meeting, Bergen 2006, 20 - 21 April 2006, Bergen, Norway
- ACRL/CNI/EDUCAUSE Virtual Conference, 20 - 21 April 2006, Online
- 1st European Conference on Scientific Publishing in Biomedicine and Medicine 21 - 22 April, 2006, Lund, Sweden
- The Access to Knowledge Conference, 21- 23 April 2006, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
- Third International Conference on: Preservation and Conservation Issues Related to Digital Printing and Digital Photography, 23 - 24 April 2006, London, United Kingdom
- Third Nordic Conference on Scholarly Communication, 24 - 26 April 2006, Lund, Sweden
- 2006 Search Engine Meeting, 24 - 26 April 2006, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- CHI 2006: Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 24 - 27 April 2006, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- EDUCAUSE Policy Conference 2006, 26 - 27 April 2006, Washington, DC, USA
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: [email protected]
2006 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial