Five Views of the Archive, Ingest and Handling Test
From Henry Gladney, HMG Consulting
From David Rosenthal, Stanford University
AIHT: Conceptual Issues from Practical Tests
Clay Shirky, New York University
Harvard's Perspective on the Archive Ingest and Handling Test
Stephen Abrams, Stephen Chapman, Dale Flecker, Sue Kreigsman, Julian Marinus, Gary McGath, and Robin Wendler, Harvard University
The Archive Ingest and Handling Test: The Johns Hopkins University Report
Tim DiLauro, Mark Patton, David Reynolds, and G. Sayeed Choudhury, The Johns Hopkins University
Image from the Library of Congress web page "Portals to the World".
This month, D-Lib features
the Library of Congress website, Global Gateway: World Culture & Resources.
Archive Ingest and Handling Test: The Old Dominion University Approach
Michael L. Nelson, Johan Bollen, Giridhar Manepalli, and Rabia Haq, Old Dominion University
The AIHT at Stanford University: Automated Preservation Assessment of Heterogeneous Digital Collections
Richard Anderson, Hannah Frost, Nancy Hoebelheinrich, and Keith Johnson, Stanford University
Parallel Worlds: Online Games and Digital Information Services
John Kirriemuir, Silversprite
Open Access Federation for Library and Information Science: dLIST and DL-Harvest
Anita Coleman and Joseph Roback, University of Arizona
Global Gateway: World Culture & Resources
Library of Congress
DIALOG-PLUS: Digital Libraries in Support of Innovative Approaches to Learning and Teaching in Geography
Helen Durham, University of Leeds
Investigation into How Digital Repositories Can Encourage the Reuse of Geospatial Data
Anne Robertson, University of Edinburgh
Pavel Shvaiko, University of Trento; and Jérôme Euzenat, INRIA Rhône-Alpes
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- NASIG Awards. Applications are due by 1 February 2006.
- Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2006), Details. Call for short papers. The submission deadline for short papers, posters and demonstrations is 3 February 2006 (Full papers, panels, workshops and tutorial proposals are due 20 January 2006).
- IR 7.0 Internet Convergences, 27 - 30 September 2006, Brisbane, Australia. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 7 February 2006.
- 2006 National Award for Library Service. Institute of Museum and Library Services. Call for nominations. The deadline for receipt of all materials is 15 February 2006.
- 2006 National Award for Museum Service, Institute of Museum and Library Services. Call for nominations. The deadline for receipt of all materials is 15 February 2006.
- The Yale Law School Information Society Project (ISP) and The International Journal of Communications Law & Policy (IJCLP) Writing Competition. Submissions for the writing competition must be received by noon EST, 15 February 2006..
- 34th Museum Computer Network Conference (MCN 2006), Access to Assets: Return on Investment, 8 - 11 November 2006, Pasadena, California, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 16 February 2006..
- ASIS&T 2006, 3 - 9 November 2006, Austin, Texas, USA. Call for proposals. Proposals due for contributed papers, technical sessions and panels, and pre-conference sessions by 13 February 2006 (for contributed posters/short papers, the deadline is 25 February 2006.
- 29th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference, Details. Call for Participation. Poster, Demonstrations, Tutorial, Workshop, and Doctoral Consortium submissions are due 27 February 2006. (Full Research Papers are due 20 January 2006.
- 8th International Bielefeld Conference, 7 - 9 February 2006, Bielefeld, Germany
- VALA 2006: Connecting with Users, 8 - 10 February 2006, Melbourne, Australia
- e-Learning 2006, 11 - 14 February 2006, Savannah, Georgia, USA
- Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications (EuroIMSA 2006), 13 - 15 February, Innsbruck, Austria
- WebWise 2006, 15 - 17 February 2006, Los Angeles, California, USA
- code4lib 2006, 15 - 17 February 2006, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
- Copyright and Academic Culture, 20 February - 3 March 2006, 2006 Intellectual Property in Academia Online Workshop
- EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference: Building the IT Community of the Future, 22 - 24 February 2006, Austin, Texas, USA
- NFAIS 2006 Annual Conference, 26 - 28 February 2006, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Digital Preservation in State Government: Best Practices Exchange 2006, 27 - 28 March 2006 (Registration deadline 23 February 2006), Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
- ECURE 2006, 27 February - 1 March 2006, Tempe, Arizona, USA
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: [email protected]
2005 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial