It's Time for Wider Acceptance of e-Textbooks
by Bonita Wilson
Establishing Trust in a Chain of Preservation: The TRAC Checklist Applied to
a Data Staging Repository (DataStaR)
Gail Steinhart and Dianne Dietrich, Cornell University; and Ann Green, Yale University
Subject-based Information Retrieval within Digital Libraries Employing LCSHs
Ioannis Papadakis and Michalis Stefanidakis, University of Ionio; and Konstantinos Kyprianos and Rosa Mavropodi, University of Piraeus
Analysing Selection for Digitisation: Current Practices and Common Incentives
Bart Ooghe, Heritage Cell Waasland; and Dries Moreels, Flemish Theatre Institute (BE)
OA Network: An Integrative Open Access Infrastructure for Germany
Uwe Müller, Robin Malitz, and Peter Schirmbacher, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin; and Thomas Severiens, Universität Osnabrück
Curriculum for Digital Libraries: An Analytical Study of Indian LIS Curricula
R.S.R.Varalakshmi, Andhra University
Report on OAI 6: CERN Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication, Geneva 17-19 June 2009
Elena Giglia, University of Turin
Purple Cows and Fringy Propositions: The Edinburgh Repository Fringe Festival 2009
Carol Minton Morris, Cornell University
Kenneth Middleton, Middle Tennessee State University; and Tiffani Conner, Lincoln Memorial University
File Information Tool Set (FITS): A New Tool for Digital Preservation Repositories
Spencer McEwen and Andrea Goethals, Harvard University
Meet RODA, an Open-source Repository for Digital Preservation
Luis Faria and Miguel Ferreira, Portuguese National Archives
The New Zealand Public Sector Digital Continuity Action Plan
Stephen Clarke, Archives New Zealand
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Maxine A. Smith at downtown business boycott. Courtesy of Memphis Public Library. Used with permission.
This month's featured collection is Volunteer Voices.
Point to Point
- International Joint Conferences
on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering
(CISSE 09), 4 - 12 December 2009. This is an online conference. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 12 October 2009.
- International Conference on Digital Libraries (ICDL 2010), 23 - 26 February 2010, New Delhi, India. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 October 2009.
- emtacl10 - emerging technologies in academic libraries, 26 - 28 April 2010, Trondheim, Norway. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 15 October 2009.
- International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU), 7 - 10 April 2010, Valencia, Spain. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 21 October 2009.
- International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST), 7 - 10 April 2010, Valencia, Spain. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 21 October 2009.
- FOIS 2010 6th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems, 11 - 14 May 2010, Toronto, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 23 October 2009.
- Electronic Resources & Libraries 2010, 1 - 3 February 2010, Austin, Texas, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 30 October 2009.
- IADIS International Conference e-Society 2010, 18 -21 May 2010, Porto, Portugal. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 30 October 2009.
- IADIS International Conference Mobile Learning 2010, 19 - 21 March 2010, Porto, Portugal. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 30 October 2009.
- IMLS (Institute for Museum and Library Services) Call for 2010 Museums for America Grant Applications. The submission deadline is 2 November 2009.
- Twelfth International Conference on the Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, 9 - 13 May 2010, Toronto, Canada. Call for papers. Submit title and abstract by 20 November 2009 and full papers by 30 November 2009.
- 2nd International Conference on Imaging Theory and Applications (IMAGAPP), 17 - 21 May 2010, Angers, France. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 22 November 2009.
- 5th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP), 17 - 21 May 2010, Angers, France. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 22 November 2009.
- 5th International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (GRAPP), 17 - 21 May 2010, Angers, France. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 22 November 2009.
- Joint Technical Symposium 2010: Digital Challenges and Digital Opportunities in Audiovisual Archiving, 2 - 5 May 2010, Oslo, Norway. Call for papers. The preliminary submission deadline is 1 December 2009.
- Internet Librarian International 2009, 15 - 16 October 2009, London, United Kingdom
- Fall Forum: An Age of Discovery: Distinctive Collections in the Digital Age, 15 - 16 October 2009, Washington, DC, USA
- First International Conference on
Cloud Computing, 19 - 21 October 2009, Munich, Germany
- LIBER - Digitization of Library Material in Europe, 19 - 21 October 2009, Copenhagen, The Netherlands
- Digital Preservation Training Programme, 19 - 21 October 2009, London, United Kingdom
- The Fifth Asia Information Retrieval Symposium (AIRS 2009), 21 - 23 October 2009, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
- International Conference on Active Media Technology (AMT 2009), 22 - 24 October 2009, Beijing, China
- 3rd ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, 22 - 25 October 2009, New York City, New York, USA
- The International Symposium on Wikis and Open Collaboration (WikiSym 2009), 25 - 27 October 2009, Orlando, Florida, USA
- 8th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2009), 25 - 29 October 2009, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
- Internet Librarian 2009: Net Initiatives for Tough Times: Digital Publishing, Preservation & Practices, 26 - 28 October 2009, Monterey, California, USA
- 10th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, 26 - 30 October 2009, Kobe, Japan
- E-LEARN 2009 - World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare & Higher Education, 26 - 30 October 2009, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Fifth International Symposium on Digital Libraries (V SIBD), 27 - 28 October 2009, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- The International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (MEDES'09), 27 - 30 October 2009, Lyon, France
- International UDC Seminar 2009: Classification at a Crossroads, 29 - 30 October 2009, The Hague, The Netherlands
- The Universal Repository Library and guarantees for the sustainability of the digital copy, 29 - 30 October 2009, Kuopio, Finland
- Fourth International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM 2009), 1 - 4 November 2009, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- The 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 2 - 6 November 2009, Hong Kong, China
- 2nd International Conference
The Future of Information Sciences (INFuture), 4 - 6 November 2009, Zagreb, Croatia
- RuleML 2009: 3rd International Symposium on Rules, Applications and Interoperability, 5 - 7 November 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- 9th Annual Brick and Click Libraries, 6 November 2009, Maryville, Missouri, USA
- Thriving on Diversity - Information Opportunities in a Pluralistic World
ASIS&T 2009 Annual Meeting, 6 - 11 November 2009, Vancouver, Canada
- 4th International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions 2009 (ICITST-2009), 9 - 12 November, London, United Kingdom
- 2009 Conference and Members' Meeting of the Text Encoding Initiative Consortium, 9 - 15 November 2009, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- Center for Intellectual Property Online Workshop: Licensing Digital Course Materials, 9 - 20 November 2009, (Register by November 2, 2009.)
- Access Services Conference 2009, 11 - 13 November 2009, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 37th Annual Museum Computer Network (MCN) Conference, 11 - 14 November 2009, Portland, Oregon, USA
- International Conference on Information Theory and Engineering (ICITE 2009), 13 - 15 November 2009, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Chicago Colloquium on Digital
Humanities and Computer Science (DHCS), 14 - 16 November 2009, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Annual Symposium of the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA), 14 - 18 November 2009, San Francisco, California, USA
- Thirteenth International Conference and Exhibition LIBCOM-2009, 16 - 20 November 2009, Moscow Region, Russia
- The Semantic Web: Fact or Myth? (A One-Day Conference Co-sponsored by CENDI, FLICC and NFAIS), 17 November 2009, Washington, DC, USA
- 2009 NSDL Annual Meeting: From Digital Libraries to Cyberlearning, 17 - 19 November 2009, Washington, DC, USA
- IADIS International WWW/Internet 2009 Conference, 19 - 22 November 2009, Rome Italy
- IADIS International Conference: Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age (CELDA 2009), 20 - 22 November 2009, Rome, Italy
- National Digital Forum 2009 Conference - Being online now: culture, creativity and community, 23 - 24 November 2009, Wellington, New Zealand
- International Workshop on Greenstone Digital Library Software, 23 - 24 November 2009, Kunnamangalam, Calicut, India
- Alliance for Permanent Access Annual Conference, 24 November 2009, The Hague, The Netherlands
- The 5th International Conference on Signal Image Technology and Internet Based
Systems (SITIS'09), 29 November - 4 December 2009, Marrakech, Morocco
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI). Prior to April 2006, the magazine was sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
2009 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial | First Article