Digital Libraries for Distance Education William Y. Arms
To the Editor: Letters
Academic Libraries in a Digital Age
John V. Lombardi, TheCenter at the University of Florida
LC21 - Hopes and Cautions for the Library of Congress
James J. O'Donnell, University of Pennsylvania
The NSF National Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technology Education Digital Library (NSDL) Program: A Progress Report
Lee L. Zia, National Science Foundation
A Grammar of Dublin Core
Thomas Baker, GMD - German National Research Center for Information Technology
Measuring the Impact of an Electronic Journal Collection on Library Costs: A Framework and Preliminary Observations
Carol Hansen Montgomery, Drexel University
Emulation as a Digital Preservation Strategy
Stewart Granger, University of Leeds
Alexander, The Man Who Knows. Circa 1910's - 20's by an unknown American artist. Image of poster courtesy of Vintage Poster Works. Used with permission.
The image above is from Vintage Poster Works, one of the resources linked to from Vaudeville Memories, D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Point to Point
Calls for Participation
- Information Technology Research: Program Solicitation NSF 00-126, Call for proposals. Various deadlines.
- 2001 Informing Science Conference: Where Parallels Intersect, 19 - 22 June 2001, Krakow, Poland. Call for papers. Submissions are due 1 December 2000.
- Twelfth International Conference on College Teaching and Learning, 17 - 21 April 2001, Jacksonville, Florida, USA. Call for proposals. The deadline for submission is 1 December 2000.
- CHI 2001 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 31 March - 5 April 2001, Seattle, Washington, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for submission of short papers is 8 December 2000.
- 9th Special, Health, and Law Libraries Conference: Rivers of Knowledge, 26 - 29 August 2001, Melbourne, Australia. Call for papers. The deadline for submission is 12 December 2000.
- First ACM & IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, 24 - 28 June 2000, Roanoke, Virginia, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for submission for full papers is 9 January 2000.
- Hawaii Conference on Business, 14 - 17 June 2001, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 January 2001.
- ILIAC Workshop 2001 - Digital Resources and Digital Libraries: Opportunities for Cooperation, 12 - 13 March 2001, Washington, D.C., USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 January 2001.
- CAIS 2001 - Beyond the Web: Technologies, Knowledge and People, 29th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Information Science, 27 - 29 May 2001, Quebec, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 January 2001.
- ACM SIGCOMM 2001, 27 - 31 August 2001, San Diego, California, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 26 January 2001.
- The 24th Annual International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 7 - 12 September 2001, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 29 January 2001.
- Academic Libraries of the 21st Century: 3rd Chat Session, presented by the Texas A&M University Libraries, November 3, 2000, Online. Limited to the first 100 who register.
- Knowledge Access Management: Tools & Concepts for Next-Generation Catalogers (An OCLC Institute Seminar, 11 - 13 December 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Registration deadline is 20 November 2000.
- EPublishing Conference 2000, 28 - 29 November 2000, London, United Kingdom.
- Participatory Design Conference 2000: Designing Digital Environments -- Bringing in More Voices, 28 November - 1 December 2000, New York, New York, USA.
- LAMA National Institute - Vision, Mission and Reality: Creating Libraries for the 21st Century, 30 November - 2 December 2000, Palm Springs, California, USA.
- 2nd European International Coalition of Library Consortia Conference, 1 - 3 December 2000, Berlin, Germany.
- Records Management Association of Australia National Convention 2000: Bridging the Gap, 3 - 6 December 2000, Sydney, Australia.
- XML 2000, (presented by the Graphic Communications Association), 5 - 8 December 2000, Washington, D.C., USA.
- MALVINE and LEAF. Gateways to Europe�s Cultural Heritage, 4 - 5 December 2000, Berlin, Germany.
- Online Information 2000, 5 - 7 December 2000, London, United Kingdom.
- Information Infrastructures for Digital Preservation: A One-Day Workshop, 6 December 2000, York, United Kingdom. And Preservation 2000: An International Conference on the Preservation and Long Term Accessibility of Digital Materials, 7 - 8 December 2000, York, United Kingdom.
- Open Learning 2000 Conference, 6 - 8 December 2000, Brisbane, Australia.
- ICADL 2000: The 3rd International Conference of Asian Digital Libraries, 6 - 8 December 2000, Seoul, Korea.
- First DELOS Network of Excellence Workshop on "Information Seeking, Searching and Querying in Digital Libraries", 11 - 12 December 2000, Zurich, Switzerland.
- 7th International Conference on High Performance Computing: Special Session on Large-Scale Data Mining, 17 - 20 December 2000, Bangalore, India.
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
The Corporation for National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN: The UK Office for Library and Information Networking, Bath, England
The Australian National University Sunsite, Canberra, Australia
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Masthead | Guidelines for Authors | Access Terms
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI) and is sponsored by DARPA on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant No. N66001-98-8908.
Please send questions or comments to: [email protected]
Copyright© 2000 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
Top | Editorial