'Tis the Season
by Bonita Wilson
To the Editor: Letters
Distributed Interoperable Metadata Registry
Christophe Blanchi and Jason Petrone, Corporation for National Research Initiatives
How Do Physicists Use an E-Print Archive? Implications for Institutional E-Print Services
Stephen Pinfield, University of Nottingham
A Framework for Building Open Digital Libraries
Hussein Suleman and Edward A. Fox, Virginia Tech
Implementing Digital Sanborn Maps for Ohio: OhioLINK and OPLIN Collaborative Project
Charly Bauer, OhioLINK, and Carol Lynn Roddy, OPLIN
American Society for Information Science & Technology Annual Meeting (ASIST 2001): Information in a Networked World: Harnessing the Flow, 2 - 8 November 2001, Washington DC
Sally Jo Cunningham, University of Waikato
AM Lightning, a plasma sculpture by Exploratorium artist-in-residence, Bill Parker.
Copyright 2001 Exploratorium, www.exploratorium.edu. Used with permission. Exploratorium is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Kurt E. Feichtmeir, Exploratorium
RQL: A Declarative Query Language for RDF
Greg Karvounarakis, Vassilis Christophides, and Dimitris Plexousakis, Institute of Computer Science, FORTH
DP9 Service Provider for Web Crawlers
Xiaoming Liu, Old Dominion University
RDN-include Takes the RDN on to University and College Web Sites
Philip Pothen, Resource Discovery Network (RDN)
The EDC Gender and Science Digital Library Project
Sarita Nair, Education Development Center, Inc.
The CEDARS Project Website
Maggie Jones, University of Leeds
Library Research Seminar II: A Research Conference for Scholars, Practitioners, and Students
Bill Edgar, University of Arizona
In the News: Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
Calls for Participation
- 8th Annual Reference Research Forum, Reference and User Services Association (RUSA), American Library Association Annual Conference 2002, 13 - 19 June 2002, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Call for Submissions. Deadline extended to 1 January 2002.
- New Directions in Humanities Computing, Joint International Conference of the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing and the Association for Computers and the Humanities, 24 - 28 July 2002, Tübingen, Germany. Call for Software Demonstration Proposals. The submission deadline is 15 January 2002.
- The eContent Programme, European support for information society projects. Call for Project Proposals. The submission deadline is 1 February 2002.
- The Fifth International Conference on Virtual Communities, 17 - 18 June 2002, Westminster, London, United Kingdom. Call for proposals. The submission deadline is 14 February 2002.
- IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2002), 26 - 29 August 2002, Lausanne, Switzerland. Call for Papers. The submission deadline is 15 February 2002.
- ELPUB2002: Technology Interactions, ICCC/EFIP 6th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, 6 - 9 November 2002, Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic. Call for Papers. The deadline for abstracts is 15 February 2002.
- The Challenge of Image and Video Retrieval (CIVR 2002), 18 - 19 July 2002, London, United Kingdom. Call for Papers. The deadline for submission of full papers is 4 March 2002.
- Ariadne Magazine, Copy Deadline and Publication Dates for 2002 Quarterly Issues. The Copy Deadline for Issue 31 is 4 March 2002.
- AUSWEB02, 6 - 10 July 2002, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Call for Papers. The submission deadline for full papers is 11 March 2002.
- CATaC'02 - The Net(s) of Power: Language, Culture and Technology, International Conference on Cultural Attitudes towards Technology and Communication, 12 - 15 July 2002, Montréal, Canada. Call for Papers. The submission deadline is 15 March 2002.
- Digital Library -- IT Opportunities and Challenges in the New Millennium, An International Conference, 9 - 11 July 2002, Beijing, China. Call for Papers. Papers must be received by 31 March 2002.
- National Leadership Grants for Library-Museum Collaborations, Institute of Museum and Library Services. Call for Grant Applications. The submission deadline is 1 April 2002.
- ICONIP'02, SEAL'02, FSKD'02, 9th International Conference on Neural Information Processing, 4th Asia-Pacific Conference on Simulated Evolution And Learning, 2002 International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, 18 - 22 November 2002, Convention City, Singapore. Call for Papers. The submission deadline is 30 April 2002.
- High Quality Information For Everyone and What It Costs, 6th European Bielefeld Colloqium, 5 - 7 February 2002, Bielefeld, Germany.
- VALA2002: e-volving Information Futures, 6 - 8 February 2002, Melbourne, Australia.
- Seminar on Digital Preservation of the Record of Science- state of the art, International Council for Scientific and Technical Information, 14 - 15 February 2002, Paris, France.
- EduTex Regional Conference: IT-Through HE** or High Water, 20 - 22 February 2002, Austin, Texas, USA.
- 2001 National Federation of Abstracting and Information Services (NFAIS) Annual Conference, Integrating @ Internet Speed: Strategies for the Content Community, 24 - 27 February 2002, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Online Northwest: promoting innovation and technology in libraries, Oregon University System Library Council, 1 March 2002, Eugene, Oregon, USA.
- International Spring School on the Digital Library and E-publishing for Science and Technology, 3 - 8 March 2002, Geneva, Switzerland.
- ALCTS AACR2 and Metadata Institute, 8 - 9 March 2002, San Diego, California, USA.
- ACM SAC 2002: Special Track on Database and Digital Library Technologies, 10 - 14 March 2002, Madrid, Spain.
- Computers in Libraries 2001, 13 - 15 March 2002, Washington, DC, USA.
- NERCOMP 2002 Annual Conference, New Directions in Collaboration: Support, Strategy, Content, Emerging Technologies, and Infrastructure, 17 - 19 March 2002, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA.
- Internet Librarian International, 18 - 20 March 2002, London, United Kingdom.
- EVA (Electronic Imaging and the Visual Arts) 2002 Florence: The New Renaissance, 25 - 29 March 2002, Florence, Italy.
(On December 18, 2001, the subtitle for the ASIST Meeting was corrected from "Harvesting the Flow" to "Harnessing the Flow".)
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
The Corporation for National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A. (originating site)
UKOLN: The UK Office for Library and Information Networking, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University Sunsite, Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
Masthead | Guidelines for Authors | Access Terms
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant No. N66001-98-1-8908,
and is currently being funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0122832.
Please send questions or comments to: [email protected]
Copyright© 2001 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib has been registered to CNRI in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial