A Survey of D-Lib Magazine Readers
by Laurence Lannom, CNRI
From Catherine Marshall, Microsoft Research
Introducing djatoka: A Reuse Friendly, Open Source JPEG 2000 Image Server
Ryan Chute and Herbert Van de Sompel, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Using Personas to Understand the Needs and Goals of Institutional Repositories
Jack M. Maness, Tomasz Miaskiewicz, and Tamara Sumner, University of Colorado
Using METS, PREMIS and MODS for Archiving eJournals
Angela Dappert and Markus Enders, The British Library
The Effectiveness of a Web-based Board Game for Teaching Undergraduate Students Information Literacy Concepts and Skills
Karen Markey, Fritz Swanson, Andrea Jenkins, Brian J. Jennings, Beth St. Jean, Victor Rosenberg, Xingxing Yao, and Robert L. Frost, University of Michigan
Using International Standards to Develop a Union Catalogue for Archives in Germany: Aspects to Consider Regarding Interoperability between Libraries and Archives
Andres Imhof, Bundesarchiv
SeDiCI (Servicio de Difusión de la Creación Intelectual): Intellectual Creativity Diffusion Service at the Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP)
Gonzalo Luján Villarreal, Marisa R. De Giusti, Ariel Sobrado, Ariel Jorge Lira, and María Marta Vila, Universidad Nacional de La Plata
Repurposing Open Source Software for Agile Digital Image Library Development: The University of West Florida Libraries Model
Ray Uzwyshyn, University of West Florida
RepoCamp at the Library of Congress
Carol Minton Morris, Cornell University
Civil Rights Digital Library
P. Toby Graham, University of Georgia
Design of Learning Spaces in 3-D Virtual Environments
Shailey Minocha, The Open University, UK
Multimedia Annotation and Community Folksonomy Building (MACFoB)
Mike Wald, University of Southampton
The MeAggregator Project
Patrick Parslow, University of Reading
ONIX for Publication Licenses (ONIX-PL): Simplifying License Expression
Karen Wetzel, National Information Standards Organization (NISO)
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Freedom singing in Albany, Georgia, July 1962. © University of Georgia. Used with permission.
This month D-Lib's featured collection is the Civil Rights Digital Library at the University of Georgia.
Point to Point
- European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2009), 6 - 9 April 2009, Toulouse, France. Call for papers, posters, and workshop and tutorial proposals. The submission deadlines are as follows: Papers 5 October 2008; Posters 19 October 2008; and Workshop and tutorial proposals 19 October 2008 .
- Electronic Resources & Libraries 2009, 9 - 12 February 2009, Los Angeles, California, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 October 2008.
- Connecting to Collections, Institute of Museum and Library Services. Call for proposals. The submission deadline is 16 October 2008.
- IADIS International Conference e-Society 2009, 25 - 28 February 2009, Barcelona, Spain. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 20 October 2008.
- 5th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST), 23 - 26 March, Lisboa, Portugal. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 29 October 2008.
- 6th International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations
ITNG 2009, 27 - 29 April 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Call for papers: Social Computing Track. The submission deadline is 7 November 2008.
- International Conference on Computer Supported
Education(CSEDU), 23 - 26 March 2009, Lisboa, Portugal. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 18 November 2008.
- 11th International Conference on Enterprise Information
Systems (ICEIS), 6 - 10 May 2009, Milan, Italy. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 28 November 2008.
- Internet Librarian International 2008, 16 - 17 October 2008, London, United Kingdom
- CaSTA 2008 New Directions in Text Analysis, 16 - 18 October 2008, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- VSMM 2008: Digital Heritage: Our Hi-tech-STORY for the Future, 20 - 26 October 2008, Limassol, Cyprus
- 5th International Conference on Knowledge Management (ICKM2008), 23 - 24 October 2008, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- 'On the Record' A Forum on
Electronic Media and the Preservation of News, 23 - 24 October 2008, New York, New York, USA
- ASIS&T 2008 Annual Meeting: People Transforming Information - Information Transforming People, 24 - 29 October 2008, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- WebMedia 2008, 26 - 29 October 2008, Vila Velha, Espírito Santo, Brazil
- CIKM 2008 - ACM 17th Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 26 - 30 October 2008, Napa, California, USA
- 7th International Semantic Web Conference, 26 - 30 October 2008, Karlsruhe, Germany
- International Conference on Soft Computing as Transdisciplinary Science and Technology, 27 - 31 October 2008, Paris, France
- DPE, Planets and CASPAR Third Annual Conference: Costs, Benefits and Motivations for Digital Preservation, 28 - 30 October 2008, Nice, France
- ACM International Conference on Multimedia, 27 October - 1 November 2008, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference, 28 - 31 October 2008, Orlando, Florida, USA
- International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems (RR), 31 October 2008 - 2 November 2008, 31 October - 2 November 2008, Karlsruhe, Germany
- FOIS 2008, the 5th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems, 31 October 2008 - 3 November 2008, Saarbrücken, Germany
- The 14th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning, 5 - 7 November 2008, Orlando, Florida, USA
- CHArt (Computers and the History of Art) 24th Annual Conference, 6 - 7 November 2008, London, United Kingdom
- TEI: Supporting Cultural Heritage Research, 6 - 8 November 2008, London, United Kingdom
- 8th Annual Brick and Click Libraries - An Academic Library Symposium, 7 November 2008, Maryville, Missouri, USA
- ARTECH 2008: 4th International Conference on Digital Arts, 7 - 8 November 2008, Porto, Portugal
- Berlin 6 Open Access Conference, 11 - 13 November 2008, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Sofia 2008: Globalization and the Management of Information Resources, 12 - 14 November 2008, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Museum Computer Network (MCN) 2008 Annual Conference, 12 - 15 November 2008, Washington, DC, USA
- Third IEEE International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM 2008), 13 - 16 November 2008, London, United Kingdom
- 2008 SPARC Institutional Repositories Meeting, 17 - 18 November 2008, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- International Conference of Asian Special Libraries (ICoASL 2008), 26 - 28 November 2008, New Delhi, India
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI). Prior to April 2006, the magazine was sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2008 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial | First Article