A Digital Information Management Milestone
Anatomy of Aggregate Collections: The Example of Google Print for Libraries
Brian Lavoie, Lynn Silipigni Connaway and Lorcan Dempsey, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
Academic Institutional Repositories: Deployment Status in 13 Nations as of Mid 2005
Gerard van Westrienen, SURF Foundation; and Clifford A. Lynch, Coalition for Networked Information
Institutional Repository Deployment in the United States as of Early 2005
Clifford A. Lynch and Joan K. Lippincott, Coalition for Networked Information
An Examination of Citation Counts in a New Scholarly Communication Environment
Kathleen Bauer and Nisa Bakkalbasi, Yale University
StoneD: A Bridge between Greenstone and DSpace
Ian H. Witten, David Bainbridge, Chi-Yu Huang and Katherine J. Don, University of Waikato; and Robert Tansley, Hewlett-Packard Labs
Photo of a British soldier of the 64th
Regiment of Foot. Copyright Drayton Hall and National Trust for Historic Preservation. Used with permission. (British soldiers occupied Drayton Hall in 1780. Visitors can go to the interactive British Soldier in the American Revolution section at the Drayton Hall website and click on the various parts of his uniform for more information.)
The website Drayton Hall is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Parallel Text Searching on a Beowulf Cluster using SRW
Ralph R. LeVan, Thomas B. Hickey, and Jenny Toves, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
Social Terminology Enhancement through Vernacular Engagement: Exploring Collaborative Annotation to Encourage Interaction with Museum Collections
David Bearman and Jennifer Trant, Archives & Museum Informatics
Craig Hadley, Drayton Hall
Current Cites: What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been
Roy Tennant, California Digital Library
User Needs and Potential Users of Public Repositories: An Integrated Analysis
Alesia Zuccala, Mike Thelwall, Charles Oppenheim, and Rajveen Dhiensa, University of Wolverhampton
The RepoMMan Project: Automating metadata and workflow for Fedora
Richard Green, University of Hull
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- 2005 Search Engine Meeting, 24 - 25 April 2006, Boston, Massachusetts. Call for papers. The submission date is open; however, the program will be finalized in early November, so early submission is recommended.
- Serials Librarian, Special issue on Serials & Continuing Resources in the Library:
New Frontiers in Access, Acquisition & Ownership. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 1 November 2005.
- ECIR 2006 - 28th European Conference on Information Retrieval, 10 - 12 April 2006, London, United Kingdom. Call for papers. The submission deadline for papers is 4 November 2005.
- Ninth International Society for Knowledge Organization (ISKO) Conference, 4 - 7 July 2006, Vienna, Austria. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 4 November 2005.
- ECURE 2006, 27 February - 1 March 2006, Tempe, Arizona, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 15 November 2005.
- WEBIST 2006 - 2nd International Conference on Web Information Systems and
Technologies, 10 - 13 April 2006, Sebútal, Portugal. Call for papers. The submission date is 29 November 2005.
- ELPUB 2006: 10th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, 14 - 16 June 2006, Bansko, Bulgaria. Call for papers, tutorials, workshops, posters, and demonstrations. The submission deadline for all categories is 21 November 2005.
- Copyright, Ari Friedman, Managing Editor, University of Pennsylvania. Call for papers for a new open-access peer-reviewed journal.
- Persistence of Memory: Stewardship of Digital Assets, 1 - 2 November 2005, Boston, Massachusetts
- 13th Annual American Association for Collegiate Independent Study Conference - Harvesting the Promise of Distance Learning: Emerging Trends and Practices, 3 - 5 November 2005, Urbana, Illinois, USA
- Digits Fugit! Preserving Knowledge into the Future: Museum Computer Network 2005 Conference, 3 - 5 November 2005, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- International Conference on Information Quality, 4 - 6 November 2005, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- International Forum on
Virtual Communities, 9 - 10 November 2005, London, United Kingdom
- Past, Present, and Future of Research
in the Information Society, 13 - 15 November 2005, Tunis, Tunisia
- The VRD 7th Annual Reference Conference
Recognizing the Success of Reference, 14 - 15 November 2005, San Francisco, California, USA
- KMWorld & Intranets Conference and Exhibition, 15 - 17 November 2005, San Jose, California, USA
- WISIS: World Summit on the Information Society: Phase 2, 16 - 18 November 2005, Tunis, Tunisia
- Online Information & Education Conference 2005, 16 - 19 November 2005, Bangkok, Thailand
- 4th WSEAS International Conference on E-Activities (E-ACTIVITIES '05), 17 - 19 November 2005, Miami, Florida, USA
- 11th Sloan-C International Conference in Asynchronous Learning Networks (ALN), 17 - 19 November 2005, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Web Information Systems Quality (WISQ 2005) Workshop, 20 - 22 November 2005, New York City, New York, USA
- WISE 2005: International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering, 20 - 22 November 2005, New York City, New York, USA
- Ensuring Long-term Preservation and Adding Value to Scientific and Technical Data
(PV 2005), 21 - 23 November 2005, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- The Fifth IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2005), 26 - 30 November 2005, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Online Information 2005, 29 November - 1 December 2005, London, United Kingdom
- Online Educa Berlin 2005: 11th International Conference on Technology Supported Learning and Training, 30 November - 2 December 2005, Berlin, Germany
- AMIA (Association of Moving Image Archivists) 2005 Conference, 30 November - 3 December 2005, Austin, Texas, USA
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
2005 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial