If You Couldn't Be There
by Bonita Wilson
To the Editor: Letters
Public Access to Digital Material
Brewster Kahle, Internet Archive; Rick Prelinger, Prelinger Archives; and Mary E. Jackson, Association of Research Libraries
A Call to Researchers: Digital Libraries Need Collaboration Across Disciplines
Kevin W. Boyack, Brian N. Wylie, and George S. Davidson, Sandia National Laboratories
Greenstone: Open-Source Digital Library Software
Ian H. Witten, David Bainbridge, and Stefan J. Boddie, University of Waikato
Retrieval Issues for the Colorado Digitization Project's Heritage Database
William A. Garrison, University of Colorado
Report on the 5th European Conference on Digital Libraries, ECDL 2001: September 4 - 9, 2001, Darmstadt, Germany
Sally Jo Cunningham, University of Waikato
Report on the First Joint Conference on Digital Libraries: June 24 - 28, 2001, Roanoke, Virginia
Christine L. Borgman and Heather Hessel, University of California, Los Angeles
Homo sapiens - Cell stain.
Copyright National Museum of Health and Medicine at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Michigan State University, and the University of Wisconsin. Reproduced with permission from the Comparative Mammalian Brain Collection. The Comparative Mammalian Brain Collection web site is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Comparative Mammalian Brain Collection
Wally Welker, University of Wisconsin; John Irwin Johnson, Michigan State University; and Adrianne Noe, National Museum of Health and Medicine
DINI (Deutsche Initiative für Netzwerk Information) - The German
Initiative of Networked Information
Friederike Schimmelpfennig, Duetsche Initiative für Netzwerk Information (DINI)
The Norwegian Museum Project
Øyind Eide, The Museum Project
Report on the Inaugural International Conference of MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Teaching)
Edward M. Cooper, MERLOT
The Digital Library for Earth System Education - Version 1.0 Released
Mary Marlino, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Index to Theses: Electronic Submission Project
Caroline Milner, Index to Theses
Chichen Itza and other Mayan Ruins Online
Kristan Runyan, OhioLINK
New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Award for Excellence in Library Technical Services
Christina Bellinger, NETSL
Safeguarding European Photographic Images for Access (SEPIA)
Edwin Klijn, European Commission on Preservation and Access (EPCA)
In the News: Recent Press Releases and Announcements
| || |
- Proceedings of the First ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Roanoke, Virginia, USA, June 24 - 28, 2001
- Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries: 5th European Conference, ECDL 2001, Darmstadt, Germany, September 4 - 9, 2001, Proceedings
- Knowing What Students Know: The Science and Design of Educational Assessment
- CORDIS Focus Results
- The Internet and Education: Findings of the Pew Internet & American Life Project
- Ready for Reference: Academic Libraries Offer Live Web-Based Reference - Evaluating System Use
- Digital Reproduction Quality: Benchmark Recommendations
Point to Point
Calls for Participation
- International Conference on Multimedia & Expo, 26 - 29 August 2002, Lausanne, Switzerland. Call for Papers. The submission deadlines are:
- 1 December 2001 - Special Sessions
- 15 February 2002 - Regular Papers
- Esther J. Piercy Award, Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS). Call for Nominations. The submission deadline is 1 December 2001.
- Eighth Annual Reference Research Forum, Reference and User Services Association (RUSA), American Library Association, June 2002, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Call for Proposals. The deadline for submissions is 1 December 2001.
- Isadore Gilbert Mudge, R.R. Bowker Award. Nominations sought. The deadline for nominations is 15 December 2001
- 25th ACM SIGIR 2002 Conference: Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 11 - 15 August 2002, Tampere, Finland. Call for Submissions. The submission deadline is 28 January 2002.
- National Leadership Grants for Libraries, Institute of Museum and Library Services. Call for Grant Applications. The submission deadline is 1 February 2002.
- 28th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, 20 - 23 August 2002, Hong Kong, China. Call for Papers. The submission deadline is 12 February 2002.
- National Award for Library Service, Fall 2002, Washington, DC, USA. Call for Nominations. The submission deadline is 15 February 2002.
- Eighth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 23 - 26 July 2002, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Call for Papers. The submission deadline is 22 February 2002.
- LISA 2001, 15th Systems Administration Conference, 2 - 7 December 2001, San Diego, California, USA.
- EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference - Visions, Expectations, and Reality: The Implications of Pervasive Computing, 3 - 4 December 2001, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- School for Scanning, Creating, Managing, and Preserving Digital Assets, 3 - 5 December 2001, Delray Beach, Florida, USA.
- Online Information 2001, 4 - 6 December 2001, London, United Kingdom.
- The Electronic Library: strategic, policy and management issues, 9 - 14 December 2001, Loughborough, United Kingdom.
- The 4th International Conference of Asian Digital Libraries (ICADL 2001), Digital Libraries: Dynamic Landscapes for Knowledge Creation, Dissemination and Management, 10 - 12 December 2001, Bangalore, India.
- EuroWeb 2001: The Web in Public Administration, 18 - 20 December 2001, Venice, Italy.
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
The Corporation for National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A. (originating site)
UKOLN: The UK Office for Library and Information Networking, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University Sunsite, Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
Masthead | Guidelines for Authors | Access Terms
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant No. N66001-98-1-8908,
and is currently being funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0122832.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
Copyright© 2001 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib has been registered to CNRI in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial