Paying to Read? Peter B. Hirtle
To the Editor: Letters
Taking the British Library Forward in the Twenty-first Century
Lynne Brindley, The British Library
Harvard's Library Digital Initiative: Building a First Generation Digital Library Infrastructure
Dale Flecker, Harvard University Library
Spoken Words, Unspoken Meanings: A DLI2 Project Ethnography
Michael Seadle, Michigan State University
Resource Guide for the Social Sciences: Signposting a Dissemination and Support Route for Barefoot and Meta-librarians in UK Higher Education
Lesly Huxley and Karen Ford, Institute for Learning and Research Technology, University of Bristol
Mireya Mayor, co-principal investigator of the Marojejy project records a blood sample taken from one of the silky sifaka, an all white lemur from Madagascar threatened with extinction.
Photograph by Peter Tyson, Online Producer of NOVA. Copyright 2000 NOVA Online. Used with permission. The NOVA Online collection of web sites is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
A MAGiC Project
Paul A.S. Needham, Cranfield University
The People's Network
Helen Baigent, Resource: the Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries
Building an Audio-visual Digital Library of Historical Documentaries: The ECHO Project
Pasquale Savino, I.E.I - C.N.R.
High Level Thesaurus Project - HILT
Susannah Wake, University of Strathclyde
The Program for Cooperative Cataloging Task Force on Multiple Manifestations of Electronic Resources
Wayne Jones, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Reference 24/7: High Tech or High Touch
RUSA President's Program, American Library Association Annual Meeting, 2000
George S. Porter, Caltech
New Developments at the Visual Arts Data Service (News Release)
Philip Pothen, Arts and Humanities Data Service
UC Berkeley Professors Measure Exploding World Production of New Information (Press Release)
Kathleen Maclay, University of California, Berkeley
OCLC Researchers Measure the World Wide Web (Press Release)
Ed O'Neill, OCLC Online Computer Library Center
IFLA Core Programme for the Advancement of Librarianship (ALP) Announces DANIDA Travel Grant 2001
Birgitta Sandell, IFLA ALP
Point to Point
Calls for Participation
- IFLA International Conference, Section on Education and Training, 16 - 25 August 2001, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for submission is 31 December 2000
- EDUCAUSE 2001: An EDU Odyssey, 28 - 31 October 2001, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Call for preconference seminar proposals. The deadline for submission is 31 December 2001
- Annual Conference of the Mid-America American Studies Association, 20 - 21 April 2001, Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for submission is 3 January 2001
- Sixth International Web Caching and Content Delivery Workshop, 20 - 22 June 2001, Boston Massachusetts, USA. Call for participation. The deadline for submission of proposals is 8 January 2001.
- The First ACM+IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, 24 - 28 June 2001, Roanoke, Virginia, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for submission is 9 January 2001.
- 3rd International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS), 7 - 10 July 2001, Setúbal, Portugal. Call for participation. Proposals for tutorials, workshops and exhibitions are due 31 December 2000. The deadline for proposals for papers is 10 January 2001.
- The First International Workshop on New Developments in Digital Libraries
(as part of the ICEIS Conference described above), 6 - 7 July 2001, Setúbal, Portugal. Call for papers. The deadline for submission of papers for this workshop is 10 January 2001.
- ETD 2001, the Fourth International Symposium on Electronic Theses and
Dissertations 22 - 24 March 2001, at Caltech, Pasadena, California, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 January 2001.
- The Joint International Conference of the Association for Computers in the Humanities and the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing, 13 - 17 June 2001, New York, New York, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for posters and demonstrations, only, is 15 January 2001.
- CAIS 2001 - 29th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Information Science - Beyond the Web: Technologies, Knowledge and People, 27 - 29 May 2001, Quebec, Canada. Call for papers. The deadline for submission is 15 January 2001.
- SIGIR 2001 - The 24th Annual International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 7 - 12 September 2001, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for paper submissions is 29 January 2001.
- ECDL 2001: 5th European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, 4 - 8 September2001, Darmstadt, Germany. Call for papers. The deadline for submission for ALL proposals is 1 April 2001.
- Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-34), 3 - 6 January 2001, Outrigger Wailea Resort Maui, Hawaii, USA.
- 8th International Conference on Database Theory: ICDT 2001, 4 - 6 January 2001, London, United Kingdom.
- Equal Access to Software and Information (EASI) Workshop: Barrier-Free Web Design, 8 - 29 January 2001, a distance learning course offered online.
- SAINT-2001: The 2001 Symposium on Applications and the Internet, 8 - 12 January 2001, San Diego, California, USA.
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) 2001 Conference: Reconsidering Library and Information Science Education, 9 - 12 January 2001, Washington, D.C., USA.
- Measuring Public Library Network Services: Practical Techniques Workshop, 14 January 2001, Rosslyn, Virginia, USA.
- Information Online 2001 - Digital Dancing: New Steps, New Partners, 16 - 18 January 2001, Sydney, Australia.
- Online Northwest 2001 - Eighteenth Annual Conference: Promoting Innovation and Technology in Libraries, 26 January 2001, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- National Learning Infrastructure Initiative (NLII) Annual Meeting, 28 - 30 January 2001, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Open 2001: BOBCATSSS Symposium, 29 - 31 January 2001, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- The Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute (HATII) Fourth International Digitisation Summer School, 8 - 13 July 2001, Glasgow, United Kingdom. Due to limited registration, early enrollment is recommended.
- Digital Cultural Heritage III, 11 - 14 July 2001, Maastricht, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
(On December 5, 2000, corrections were made to the HTML code and the dates of the JCDL conference and the ETD Conference.)
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
The Corporation for National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN: The UK Office for Library and Information Networking, Bath, England
The Australian National University Sunsite, Canberra, Australia
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Masthead | Guidelines for Authors | Access Terms
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI) and is sponsored by DARPA on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant No. N66001-98-8908.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
Copyright© 2000 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
Top | Editorial