Introducing the D-Lib Alliance
Toward an Effective Understanding of Website Users: Advantages and Pitfalls of Linking Transaction Log Analyses and Online Surveys
Diane Harley and Jonathan Henke, University of California, Berkeley
Institutional Repositories: Evaluating the Reasons for Non-use of Cornell University's Installation of DSpace
Philip M. Davis and Matthew J.L. Connolly, Cornell University
Linking Service to Open Access Repositories
Shigeki Sugita, Kunie Horikoshi and Masako Suzuki, Hokkaido University; Shin Kataoka, Kyushu University; E. S. Hellman, Openly Informatics Division, OCLC; and Keiji Suzuki, Independent Consultant
Nongenile Masitha Thu Zenani: Doctor, artist, and storyteller from Harold Scheub's South African Voices. Photograph copyright 2006 Harold Scheub. Used with permission.
This month, D-Lib features the University of Wisconsin Digital Collections.
Setting the Foundations of Digital Libraries: The DELOS Manifesto
Leonardo Candela, Donatella Castelli, Pasquale Pagano, and Constantino Thanos, Italian National Research Council (CNR); Yannis Ioannidis and Georgia Koutrika, University of Athens; Seamus Ross, University of Glasgow; Hans-Jörg Schek, University of Konstanz; and Heiko Schuldt, University of Basel
A Proposed Standard for the Scholarly Citation of Quantitative Data
Micah Altman and Gary King, Harvard University
Road Report: Second Annual Open Repositories Conference (OR07) in San Antonio
Carol Minton Morris
University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Melissa McLimans, University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center
From Partition to Direct Rule: 50 Years of Northern Ireland Parliamentary Debates Online
Alastair Dunning, King's College London
The Repository for the Laboratory (R4L) Project
Simon Coles, University of Southampton
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- Open Access Research (OAR). Call for papers. Submissions received by March 31, 2007 will be considered for the August issue; subsequent submissions will be considered for future issues.)
- Ninth International Conference on Grey Literature, 10 - 11 December 2007, Antwerp, Belgium. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 1 May 2007.
- 7th International Web Archiving Workshop (Date and location of workshop to be determined.) Call for papers. The submission deadline is 1 May 2007.
- 2nd International Conference on the Pragmatic Web: "Building Common Ground on the Web", 23 - 24 October 2007, Tilburg, The Netherlands. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 7 May 2007.
- New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia, Special Issue on Studying the Users of Digital Education Technologies: Theories, Methods, and Analytical Approaches. Guest editor: Michael Khoo. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 16 May 2007.
- The Third International Workshop on Contexts and Ontologies: Representation and Reasoning, 21 August 2007, Roskilde University, Denmark. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 28 May 2007.
- Special Issue on Digital Libraries and Education International Journal on Digital Libraries, Call for papers. The submission deadline is 1 June 2007.
- International Conference on the Digital Preservation (iPRES 2007), 11 - 12 October 2007, Beijing, China. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 15 June 2007.
- 10th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (ICADL 2007), 10 - 13 December 2007, Hanoi, Vietnam. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 18 June 2007.
- German e-Science Conference 2007, 2 - 4 May 2007, Baden-Baden, Germany
- The Fourth International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility (W4A 2007), 7 - 8 May 2007, Banff, Alberta, Canada
- 16th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2007), 8 - 12 May 2007, Banff, Alberta, Canada
- Digital Book 2007, 9 May 2007, New York City, New York, USA
- ICINCO 2007 4th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, 9 - 12 May 2007, Angers, France
- Seventh International Workshop on
Global and Peer-to-Peer Computing, 14 - 17 May 2007, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Workshop on Programming Models
for Grid Computing, 14 - 17 May 2007, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- XTech: The Ubiquitous Web, 15 - 18 May 2007, Paris, France
- CITOT 2007 - Conference on Information Technology, Organisations and Teams, 19 - 20 May 2007, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2007 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 20 - 23 May 2007, Oakland, California, USA
- SADPI 07: International Workshop On Semantically Aware Document Processing And Indexing, 21 - 22 May 2007, Montpellier, France
- Digital Futures: from digitization to delivery, 21 - 25 May 2007, London, United Kingdom
- INFORUM 2007: 13th Conference on Professional Information Resources, 22 - 24 May 2007, Prague, Czech Republic
- eLearning Africa - 2nd Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training, 28 - 30 May 2007, Nairobi, Kenya
- 12th International
Conference on Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis (ASMDA 2007), 29 May - 1 June 2007, Chania, Crete, Greece
- RIAO 2007 - 8th Conference: Large-Scale Semantic Access to Content (Text, Image, Video and Sound), 30 May - 1 June 2007, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- NASIG 22nd Annual Conference, 31 May - 3 June 2007, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- Digital Humanities 2007, 2 - 8 June 2007, Urbana, Illinois, USA
- Special Libraries Association Annual Conference, 3 - 6 June 2007, Denver, Colorado, USA
- Information Access for the Global Community: An International Seminar On The Universal Decimal Classification, 4 - 5 June 2007, The Hague, The Netherlands
- IATUL 2007 (International Association of Technological University Librarians) - 28th Annual Conference, 11 - 14 June 2007, Stockholm, Sweden
- ICEIS 2007 - 9th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 12 - 16 June 2007, in Funchal, Portugal
- ELPUB 2007, the 11th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, 13 - 15 June 2007, Vienna, Austria
- ETD 2007: 10th International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations, 13 - 16 June 2007, Uppsala, Sweden
- ACM IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries 2007, 17 - 23 June 2007, Vancouver, British, Columbia, Canada
- Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata: PREMIS Tutorial, 21 June 2007, Washington, DC, USA
- American Library Association Annual Conference, 21 - 27 June 2007, Washington, DC, USA
- The 2007 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing WORLDCOMP'07 (composed of 24 Joint Conferences), 25 - 28 June 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- ED-MEDIA 2007, 25 - 29 June 2007, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- 11th International Conference on User Modeling, 25 - 29 June 2007, Corfu, Greece
- 3rd Annual Communities and Technologies Conference, 28 - 30 June 2007, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI). The magazine has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2007 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial