The Changing Landscape of Scholarly Publishing
Thirteen Ways of Looking at...Digital Preservation
Brian Lavoie and Lorcan Dempsey, OCLC Research
The Role of ERPANET in Supporting Digital Curation and Preservation in Europe
Seamus Ross, HATII and ERPANET
The Continuing Access and Digital Preservation Strategy for the UK Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC)
Neil Beagrie, The British Library
LandSat image of the Lena Delta Reserve, which is the most extensive protected wilderness area in Russia. Image courtesy of NASA Landsat Project Science Office and USGS EROS Data Center. Used with permission.
Earth as Art is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Integration of Non-OAI Resources for Federated Searching in DLIST, an Eprints Repository
Anita Coleman, Paul Bracke, and S. Karthik, University of Arizona
Report on the Fourth ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL): 7 - 11 June 2004, Tucson, Arizona
Schubert Foo, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
If you Build It, Will They Come? Participant Involvement in Digital Libraries
Sarah Giersch, iLumina Digital Library, Eugene A. Klotz, The Math Forum @ Drexel, Flora McMartin, MERLOT, Brandon Muramatsu, University of California, Berkeley, K. Ann Renninger, Swarthmore College, Wesley Shumar, Drexel University, and Stephen A. Weimar, The Math Forum @ Drexel
Earth as Art
NASA Landsat Project Science Office
ALVIS - Superpeer Semantic Search Engine
Anders Ardö, Lund University, Sweden
Invitation to Participate in the Validation Test for the Xtensible Past Project
Rutger Kramer and Annelies van Nispen, The Netherlands Institute for Scientific Information Services
The Electronic Records Management Training Package
Steve Bailey, Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC)
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- IPSI-2005 HAWAII, 6 - 9 January 2005, Big Island Hawaii, Hawaii, USA. Call for papers. The abstract submission date is 1 September 2004.
- The Sixth Australasian User Interface Conference, 31 January - 3 February 2005, Newcastle, Australia. Call for papers. The submission date is 3 September 2004.
- 2005 IEEE International Conference on e-Technology, e-Commerce, and e-Service, 29 March - 1 April 2005, Hong Kong, China. Call for papers. The abstract submission date is 28 September 2004.
- Museums and the Web 2005, 13 - 16 April 2005, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Call for papers. The submission date is 30 September 2004.
- The 25th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 6 - 9 June 2005, Columbus, Ohio, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 1 October 2004.
- 2005 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, 21 - 23 April 2005, Newport Beach, California, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 4 October 2004.
- IPSI 2005 AMALFI, 17 - 20 February 2005, Amalfi, Italy. Call for papers. The abstract submission date is 17 October 2004.
- 12th Nordic Conference on Information and Documentation, 1 - 3 September 2004, Aalborg, Denmark
- ISIC 2004: Information Seeking in Context, 1 - 3 September 2004, Dublin, Ireland
- Digital Resources for the Humanities - DHR 2004, 5 - 8 September 2004, Newcastle, United Kingdom
- The International Conference of Digital Library - Advance the Efficiency of Knowledge Utilization, 6 - 8 September 2004, Beijing, China
- DELOS Third
International Summer School on Digital Library Technologies (ISDL 2004), 6 - 8 September 2004, Pisa, Italy
- European Conference on Digital Libraries (ECDL 2004), 12 - 17 September 2004, Bath, United Kingdom
- 4th International Conference
on Web Delivering of Music, 13 - 15 September 2004, Barcelona, Spain
- Digital Futures Academy: from digitization to delivery, 13 - 17 September 2004, London, United Kingdom
- ERPANET Seminar: Business Models related to Digital Preservation, 20 - 22 September 2004, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence 2004, 20 - 24 September, Beijing, China.
- eCulture Horizons:
From Digitisation to Creating Cultural Experience(s), 27 - 28 September 2004, Salzburg, Austria
- Sixth International Conference on Information Integration and Web-Based Applications and Services, 27 - 29 September 2004, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Sixth National Russian Research Conference on Digital Libraries (RCDL), 29 September - 1 October 2004, Pushchino, Russia
- The 32nd Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, 1 - 3 October 2004, Arlington, Virginia, USA
- 11th OLAC (OnLine Audiovisual Catalogers) Biennial Conference, 1 - 3 October 2004, Montreal, Canada
- ARMA International Conference and Expo, Association for Information Management Professionals, 3 - 6 October 2004, Long Beach, California, USA
- IADIS International Conference: WWW/Internet 2004, 6 - 9 October 2004, Madrid, Spain
- LITA National Forum, 8 - 10 October 2004, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Internet Librarian International 2004, 10 - 12 October 2004, London, United Kingdom
- Rural TeleCon '04, 10 - 13 October 2004, Spokane, Washington, USA
- ISMIR 2004: 5th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, 10 - 14 October 2004, Barcelona, Spain
- DC-2004 International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, 11 - 14 October 2004, Shanghai, China
- 3rd WSEAS International Conference on Information Security, 12 - 14 October 2004, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The 2nd Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF), 12 - 15 October 2004, Shanghai, China
- Educause 2004, 19 - 22 October 2004, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 8th Annual Ethics of Electronic Information in the 21st Century (EEI21) Symposium, 13 - 16 October 2004, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Brick and Click Libraries Symposium, 22 October 2004, Maryville, Missouri, USA
- Pacific Northwest Preservation Management Institute, 25 - 29 October 2004, Seattle, Washington, USA
- eChallenges e-2004 Conference, 27 - 29 October 2004, Vienna, Austria
- 12th International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS 2004), 25 - 29 October 2004, Larnaca, Cyprus
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2004 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial
| First Article