Refurbishing Ready Reference
by Bonita Wilson
To the Editor: Letters
Digital Rights Management: Business and Technology
William Rosenblatt, William Trippe and Stephen Mooney. Hungry Minds, Inc., November 2001
Reviewed by: John S. Erickson, Ph.D., Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
"...the best, most comprehensive treatment of digital rights management that I have seen to date."
Digital Preservation and Deep Infrastructure
Stewart Granger, University of Leeds
The reverse side of the Continental Dollar. The coin was the premier coin of the United States and was designed by Benjamin Franklin.
Copyright 2002 American Numismatic Association. Used with permission. The American Numismatic Association web site is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Dublin Core Metadata Initiative Progress Report and Workplan for 2002
Makx Dekkers and Stuart L. Weibel, Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
Video Gaming, Education and Digital Learning Technologies: Relevance and Opportunities
John Kirriemuir, Ceangal
Digital Collections of Real World Objects
Hendrik P.A. Lensch, Michael Goesele, and Hans-Peter Seidel, Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik
The MusArt Music-Retrieval System: An Overview
William Birmingham, Bryan Pardo, Colin Meek, and Jonah Shifrin, University of Michigan
eML: Taking Mississippi Libraries into the 21st Century
Renée Goodvin, Mississippi State University, and Brooke Lippy, University of Central Arkansas
American Numismatic Association
Steve Bobbitt, American Numismatic Association
OpenURL Standardization Moving Forward
Eric F. Van de Velde, California Institute of Technology
Launch of Online Dictionary of New Zealand Biography
Ross Somerville, Ministry for Culture and Heritage, New Zealand
The Astrophysical Virtual Observatory
Dr. Peter J. Quinn, European Southern Observatory
iConnect - Applying Knowledge to Development
Peter Ballantyne, International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)
Cross-Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF): Agenda for 2002
Carol Peters, IEI-CNR
Open Archives Forum (OAF)
Susanne Dobratz, Birgit Matthaei and Dr. Peter Schirmbacher, Humboldt-University Berlin
Visual Resources Association - The Resource for Visual Information
Trudy Levy, Image Integration
New Discussion List - OAIS-implementers
Robin L. Dale, RLG
New Listserv Announced - DIGITAL-COPYRIGHT
Neal Pomea, University of Maryland University College
Medical Informatics Training Fellowships at Oregon State Health & Science University
Kent Spackman, Oregon Health & Science University
In the News: Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
Calls for Participation
- DLESE Annual Meeting 2002, Digital Library for Earth System Education, 30 June - 2 July 2002, Ithaca, New York, USA. Call for proposals. Probable extension of 11 February 2002 submission deadline.
- Library and Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa (LIANZA) 2002 Annual Conference, 17 - 20 November 2002, Wellington, New Zealand. Call for Papers. The deadline is 28 February 2002.
- Exchange for Learning Programme (X4L), Joint Information Systems Committee. Call for Proposals. The deadline is 28 February 2002.
- Focus on Access to Institutional Resources Programme (FAIR), Joint Information Systems Committee. Call for Proposals. The deadline is 28 February 2002.
- Native American Library Services, Institute of Museum and Library Services. Call for Project Proposals. Various deadlines, the earliest being 1 March 2002.
- IMLS Program Deadlines - FY2002, Institute of Museum and Library Services. Call for Program Proposals. Various deadlines starting with 1 March 2002..
- National Science, Technology, Engineering, and
Mathematics Education Digital Library
(NSDL), Program Solicitation, NSF-02-054. Call for proposals. Letters of Intent (optional) are due 13 March 2002. The deadline for full proposals is 17 April 2002.
- EEI21-Memphis-2002, The Ethics of Electronic Information in the 21st Century, an annual scholarly symposium at the University of Memphis, 24 - 27 October 2002, Memphis Tennessee, USA. Call for Presentations. The deadline is 5 April 2002.
- Workshop on Distributed Computing Architectures for Digital Libraries, 21 August 2002, Vancouver, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 20 April 2002.
- Symposium 2003 - Preservation of Electronic Records: New Knowledge and Decision-making, 15 - 18 September 2003, Ottawa, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 30 April 2002.
- International Association of Libraries and Museums of the Performing Arts (SIBMAS), 2 - 7 September 2002, Rome, Italy. Call for Papers. The deadline is 30 April 2002.
- 6th European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, 16 - 18 September 2002, Rome, Italy. Call for Contributions. The deadline is 1 May 2002.
- The 10th ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, 8 - 9 November 2002, McLean, Virginia, USA. Call for Papers. The deadline is 10 May 2002.
- Fourth All-Russian Scientific Conference RDCL 2002, Digital Libraries: Advanced Methods and Technologies, Digital Collections, 15 - 17 October, Dubna. Call for Papers. The deadline is 20 May 2002.
- Tenth International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS), 30 October - 1 November 2002, Irvine, California, USA. Call for Papers. The deadline is 31 May 2002.
- International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of SEmantics (ODBASE), 28 October - 1 November 2002, Irvine, California, USA. Call for Papers. The deadline is 31 May 2002.
- Texas Distance Learning Association (TxDLA) 2002: On the Right Track, 2 - 4 April 2002, Fort Worth, Texas, USA.
- Copy Management in Higher Education: Ownership, Access, and Control, 4 - 5 April 2002, Adelphi, Maryland, USA.
- E-Content 2002: Dreams and Realities, an LITC Conference, 10 April 2002, London, United Kingdom.
- Censorship and Free Access to Information in Libraries and on the Internet, 11 April 2002, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Seventh Search Engine Conference: Search Engines and Beyond, 15 - 16 April 2002, San Francisco, California, USA.
- CLIR International Workshop on Digital Preservation, 24 - 25 April 2002, Washington, DC, USA.
- Milestones Conference, The European Library (TEL) - The Gate to Europe's Knowledge, 29 - 30 April 2002, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
(On March 14, 2002, the date of the Symposium 2003 - Preservation of Electronic
Records: New Knowledge and Decision-making was corrected. The symposium will be held in 2003.)
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
Corporation for National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A. (originating site)
UKOLN: The UK Office for Library and Information Networking, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University Sunsite, Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
Masthead | Guidelines for Authors | Access Terms
D-Lib has been registered to CNRI in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant No. N66001-98-1-8908,
and is currently being funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0122832.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright© 2002 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib has been registered to CNRI in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial