Found Any Good Information Lately?
The Return on Investment of Electronic Journals - It Is a Matter of Time
Jonas Holström, Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration
Virtual Remote Control: Building a Preservation Risk Management Toolbox for Web Resources
Nancy Y. McGovern, Anne R. Kenney, Richard Entlich, William R. Kehoe, and Ellie Buckley, Cornell University
Implementing Metadata in Digital Preservation Systems: The PREMIS Activity
Brian F. Lavoie, OCLC Online Computer Library Center
Continuing Education, Libraries and the Internet (CELI) Project: Narrowing the Skills Gap in Southern African University Libraries
Paiki Muswazi, University of Swaziland
nestor: Network of Expertise in Long-term STOrage of Digital Resources - A Digital Preservation Initiative for Germany
Susanne Dobratz, Humboldt-University, Berlin and Heike Neuroth, Göttingen State and University Library
Report on the 3rd OAI Workshop: CERN, Geneva, 12-14 February 2004
Chris Awre, Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC)
Sitting studio portrait of a Native American (Osage) man,
identified as Paul Red Eagle, 1880 - 1910.
Copyright © Denver Public Library Western History Collection, Call number: R7100325867. Used with permission.
The image is from one of the partnering institutions of the Collaborative Digitization Project (CDP), D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
- Virtual Reference Desk (VRD) Conference, 8 - 9 November 2004, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 1 June 2004.
- ICDM 2004: The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 1 - 4 November 2004, Brighton, UK. Call for papers. The submission date is 1 June 2004.
- The 2004 International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA'04), 16 - 18 December 2004, Louisville, Kentucky, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 4 June 2004.
- The 7th International Conference of Asian Digital Libraries (ICADL 2004), 13 - 17 December 2004, Shanghai, China. Call for papers. The submission date for abstracts is 10 June 2004.
- Request for Proposals for a National Research Study on the Future of Librarians in the Workforce, The Institute of Museum and Library Services Office of Library Services. The submission date is 15 June 2004.
- ETD 2004 Conference, 3 - 5 June 2004, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
- Canadian Association for Information Science/L'association canadienne
des sciences d l'information (CAIS/ACSI) 2004 Annual Conference, 3 - 5 June 2004, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Society for Scholarly Publishing Annual Meeting 2004, 2 - 4 June 2004, San Francisco, California, USA
- 2004 (95th) SLA Annual Conferences, Special Libraries Association, 5 - 10 June 2004, Nashville, TN, USA
- JCDL 2004, Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, 7 - 11 June 2004, Tucson, Arizona, USA
- The Electronic Media Group 2004 Meeting, 9 - 14 June 2004, Portland, Oregon, USA
- Colleges, Code, and Copyright, 10 - 11 June 2004, College Park, Maryland, USA
- ALLC/ACH-2004, Joint International Conference of the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing and the Association for Computers and the Humanities, 11 - 16 June 2004, Göteborg, Sweden
- SIGMOD/PODS '04, International Conference on Management of Data and Symposium on Principles Database and Systems, 13 - 18 June 2004, Paris, France
- The Digital Library and e-Publishing for Science Technology, and Medicine, International Ticer School 2004, 13 - 18 June 2004, Geneva, Switzerland
- International Conference on Virtual Communities, 14 - 15 June 2004, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Workshop on
Emerging Technologies for Next generation GRID (ETNGRID-2004), 14 - 16 June 2004, Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- 2004 CLA, Canadian Library Association, 16 - 19 June 2004, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- 2004 International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS '04), 17 - 19 June 2004, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
- NASIG 2004 Annual Conference, Growth, Creativity, and Collaboration: Great visions on a Great Lake, North American Serials Interest Group, 17 - 20 June 2004, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- 8th ELPUB Conference - Building Digital Bridges: Linking cultures, commerce and science, 23 - 26 June 2004, Brasilia, Brazil
- Institutional Repositories and Their Impact on
Publishing, 24 June 2004, London, United Kingdom
- Joint Technical Symposium for Preservation of AV Materials, 24 - 26 June 2004, Toronto, Canada
- American Library Association Annual Conference, 24 - 30 June 2004, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Informing Science + Information Technology Education Joint Conference, 25 - 28 June 2004, Rockhampton, QLD, Australia
- ICME 2004, IEEE 2004 International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, 27 - 30 June 2004, Taipei, Taiwan
- Return on Investment for Libraries and Information Services, International Ticer School 2004, 28 - 29 June 2004, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
- 8th ERCIM Workshop
"User Interfaces For All", 28 - 29 June 2004, Vienna, Austria
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University Sunsite,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
2004 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.